Saturday, May 16, 2009

Finals Week with Asians

Alright fellas schools over and you know what that means...I had to take finals last week. Finals week is an interesting week from many perspectives; The weather was perfect but yet I couldn't golf, campus was dead but very much alive (and nervous) and the library is the new party scene. Seriously, you wern't cool if you were not at the library...it was PACKED, even the grad side, the stacks (on deck). Also with finals week comes the influx of asians that appear. Don't get me wrong, I have some cool asian friends butsome of these asians are downright comical. I have recounted 3 experiences with these interesting beings and they are:

1)This instance happened the week before finals but still funny none the less. I was on the first floor of the library studying for my X201 lab exam, it was around 8pm I think and I was next to an asian passed out on his study material which I recognized as A100 stuff with his pack of Camels right next to him. Keep in mind this dude was out for the count. Luckily for him, I knew the A100 test was in one hour. I let him sleep until about 8:50pm when I finally decided I should do the good deed of waking him up, which I did. When he awoke I asked if he had a test tonight and he replied yes, and as soon as he said yes he saw the time and straight BOLTED out of the library. This kid was in a dead sprint I kid you not. I even followed him to see if he ran through the lobby which he did and I think I laughed for a half hour straight.

2) The 2nd instance kinda pissed me off but humoured me at the same time. I was at a computer again in the library studying for my Business Law final and to my luck there were a group of asians chatting it up in strange tongues. I hate it when they do that. But anyways they were studying the same subject as me, Business Law. I glanced at one of thier computer screens and almost laughed out loud. On the computer screen was some translator in their native language and the word that was being translated at the time was "battery". I couldn't believe. They needed a translator to understand the stuff! Truly perplexing and I thought if they can't figure out the meaning by themselves they are were going to get owned on the test. They are going to go up to the teachers desk when they get all F's and say "Throw some D's on the bitch!"

3) This last instance takes the cake. I'll keep it short. I was walking up the library's steps following an asian who seemed to be in a hurry when all of the sudden he trips over a step and falls flat face. ( He got up right away and when I saw he was OK is when I started laughing).

It was a rather entertaining week.

No comments:

Post a Comment